Welcome to F&M Bank
F&M Bank is a full service financial institution that has been serving Tomah and surrounding communities for over 100 years. With 3 locations in Tomah and a full suite of mobile services, we make doing business with us convenient and easy. We take pride in providing our customers with trustworthy, friendly, and expert service and are proud supporters of many local charities and organizations.
Our Core Values
- Develop and maintain fabulous customer relationships
- Conduct our business with honesty, respect, and integrity
- Provide a great environment to succeed
- Embrace Change
- Communicate effectively
5 Pillars of Customer Satisfaction
- Save Money
- Save Time
- Increase Income
- Decrease Risk
- Improve Operating Efficiencies & Controls.
We would love the opportunity to serve you. Give us a call at 608-372-2126 or email one of our bankers today.
For over 100 years, F&M Bank has made serving the residents of Monroe County it's primary focus. The original Farmers & Merchants (F&M Bank) was opened in 1911, after receiving a state granted charter. The present day F&M Bank was organized in 1930 and operates under the original state charter.
After operating in a small lobby for over 50 years, the Bank introduced the first drive-thru banking service in Western Wisconsin in 1954. In fact, the original drive-thru teller window still exists as part of our Main Office. Shortly after, In the early 1960’s, the Bank opened its second location in Warrens, WI. This location operated until December 2014. After closing the Warren's location, F&M Bank donated the branch building to the Village of Warrens.
To continue serving the growing customer base, F&M Bank introduced the Motor Bank in 1980, which is now called the Convenience Center. In 1992 the Convenience Center was expanded when Frederick (Freddie) Mueller passed away and the Blacksmith Shop was removed. The Blacksmith Shop existed in the location of the drive-thru ATM from 1919 to 1992.
As the Tomah community continued to grow and expand, F&M Bank opened the North Tomah Branch location in 2001. This branch allowed F&M Bank customers the ability to conveniently bank at either ends of town. A few years later in 2007, the Main Office received a face-lift, with a complete remodel, including many updates.
Today, F&M Bank is one of the longest standing banks in Monroe County. F&M Bank continues to be a proven leader in delivering quality banking products and services to new and existing customers.
Since 1930 the Bank has had 8 Presidents:
1930 to 1950
1950 to 1971
1971 to 1984
Dr. RW Alhstrom
1984 to 1999
1999 to 2000
2000 to 2005
2006 to 2009
2010 to Present
With over 105 years of local service, we are excited to continue serving our communities and customers.