Let F&M Bank Help You Take Control Of Your Healthcare Costs.
Benefits of a Health Savings Account:
- Health insurance can cost less
- Savings to help pay your deductible
- Peace of mind from unexpected medical bills
Your HSA Offers A Triple Tax Benefit:*
- Contributions are made pre-tax
- Interest earnings on the account are not taxable
- Taxes are not paid on withdrawn funds, as long as they are used for eligible expenses**
What Your F&M Bank HSA Offers You:
- Access your funds to cover medical expenses with an F&M Bank Debit Card or Checks
- Earn a competitive rate of interest
- Manage your account through FREE Online Banking
- Pay medical bills through FREE Bill Pay
- Surcharge free ATMs
- Easily transfer funds in and out of your account
- Unused money rolls over from year to year, there is no "use it or lose it" policy
- Your account is portable - If you change jobs you can continue using the same account
2017 Annual Contribution Limits:
- $3,400 for individuals (self-only coverage)
- $6,750 for family coverage
- $1,000 catch-up contribution, ages 55+
Qualifying for an HSA:
In order to be eligible for an HSA, you must be covered by a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). In 2017, a HDHP is a health plan with:
- A deductible of at least $1,300 for single coverage
- A deductible of at least $2,600 for family coverage
- A maximum annual out -of-pocket expense limit for allowing costs, not exceeding $6,550 for single coverage and $13,200 for family coverage
- Limit does not apply to deductibles & expenses for out-of-network services if the plan uses a network of providers
- Only deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses for services within the network should be used to figure whether the limit applies
- You must not be covered by any other health plan other than another HDHP (with limited exceptions)
- You must not be eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another person's taxes
- You are not enrolled in Medicare.
Contact a banker today for more information or to get started on your HSA.
Ready to open your account? Start here
Eligibility for an HSA is determined by Federal Law. It is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible.
*Consult with a tax advisor. F&M Bank does not provide tax or accounting advise.