F&M Bank is committed to providing our customers with the
most up-to-date service. We're excited to be moving towards
Same-Day ACH Debits, also known as same-day payment, on
September 15th, 2017, which will eliminate the lag time
between when the money is debited and credited
from accounts. We are doing our part to make it faster and easier for our customers to make payments and to receive up-to-date account information.
What does this mean for you?
- Your payments may be debited faster. Your funds may be debited from your account the day the purchase is made.
- Balances will be updated faster. The 'float' time between transactions will be eliminated. Before payments are created, make sure your balance is sufficient enough to support the transaction.
- Recurring, pre-authorized payments will be processed the same. F&M Bank will continue to receive and post pre-authorized payments normally.
- Same-Day ACH Debits could affect check payments. Merchants you are paying by check may have the ability to electronically process them. If checks are processed through the ACH network, those checks may no longer have a 'float' and will be debited from your account automatically.
Tips to be prepared for Same-Day ACH Debits/Payments
- Same Day ACH Debits/Payments will go into effect on September 15th, 2017.
- Keep track of your balance daily. Use the Mobile App or our Online Banking to make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover purchases.
- When balancing and budgeting, make sure to use the Available Balance vs the Actual Balance. This will be the money in your account available for spending (less any outstanding checks or automatic payments).
- Sign up for Overdraft protection. F&M Bank offers an Overdraft Line of Credit or Overdraft Transfers from a Savings Account. These products offer you peace of mind and will save you money.
Questions about ACH Same-Day Debits? Call F&M Bank at 608-372-2126 and ask for Deposit Operations.